Well I have finished my first official week back to work and wow has it been difficult! I never knew how much I could miss my little man. However it makes me feel better to know that it seems like Grady is enjoying daycare. Kim, our daycare provider continues to comment that he is such a good baby and that all the other mothers have said how cute he is. Poor Grady is so tired when he comes home though...there are so many things to watch, he doesn't want to miss anything so he skips his naps. We are hopeful that soon he will become accustomed to the new environment. It may take mommy more time to adjust than Grady! The hardest part for me is how little time I get to spend with him during the day... it adds up to about 4 hours total and some of that is when he's napping on me! I can see that weekends and night time feedings are definitely going to be cherished. Speaking of night time... Grady still does not sleep through the night. I am beginning to think that he wakes up not to eat but to interact with mommy. I am not sure if I am ready to give that up just quite yet however it would be nice if it were only one time during the night instead of two. I have been reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and it has so much good information however I feel like I cannot implement it since I cannot regulate his nap habits. Oh well, I'm sure we will figure something out to keep everyone well rested and sane at the Blanchard house.
Grady will be 3 months tomorrow and he is getting so big. His new favorite hobby is using his tongue to explore his world and it seems like he always has his fist in his mouth. He hasn't picked a favorite finger to suck just quite yet though. He truly is a gift from God and the more I attempt to do this parenting thing, the more I am reminded that I have to daily submit my life over to the trusting hands of Jesus Christ. I completely believe that it is only through his grace and strength that I am able to glorify him through raising Grady.
As I figure out this blogging thing, more pictures and videos are to come!!!
Time flies when you are having fun!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment