Saturday, August 1, 2009

Balloons!!!

We were able to make it down to Indianola, IA and experience the National Air Balloon Festival. Despite the traffic getting there, it was so fun to see the many differnt balloons and to watch Grady be entertained by the colors and action. Ben and I agreed that someday, we are going to go on a hot air balloon ride. It was a fun adventure for a Saturday family night! Here are some snapshots of the experience...

It was so sweet to watch Grady be captivated by the excitement of the hot air balloons. Here he is clapping with the audience for the recently launched balloons.

There were so many differnt balloons. It was amazing to see them be inflated and then to see them take off. Just seeing one can be a great sight, but to see over 50 all at once in the air was amazing.

Thanks to Daddy's strong arms, Grady was able to take flight with the balloons!

This is a video that I just had to post. It makes me smile and laugh every time I see it. It is amazing how a child's laughter can really brighten your day. I hope all are blessed by this video and are reminded of simple childhood joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment