Thursday, March 12, 2009

4 Months and Thriving!

Our little guy is growing up so fast; he just turned 4months old on March 7th. I just wanted to give a summary of Grady's last months accomplishments, adventures and habits. Grady has discovered that he does enjoy sleeping in his crib. He especially likes it when Mommy sings to him while he plays with my fingers. He is able to put himself to sleep initially; however we are still working on going back to sleep in the middle of the night. He is still waking 2 times a night to eat but I checked with his pediatrician and he said that is completely normal for his age and size. Oh well, I'm sure a full night of sleep will come eventually!

Grady is still eating like a champ both nursing and with his bottle. He has discovered how to hold his own bottle; he's so intelligent! We have decided to hold off on the solids for a while and just stick to the perfect food - breastmilk. Grady enjoys sticking everything in his mouth! We think he might be teething with all the drooling and more frequent dirty diapers. Nothing showing up yet, but I bet it will be soon. Grady is sure becoming a pro at sitting up. He enjoys sitting in his bumbo chair and he also likes doing mini-crunches where he holds our fingers and tries to pull himself up. He has not quite figured out the whole rolling over thing but he loves to lay on the floor and kick his legs.
This month Grady has found his fingers, reaches for toys, has expanded his baby babble, taken a liking to watching the pets play, and responds and imitates facial expressions. The doctor says he is right on track. He is currently 16lbs. 11oz. (90th %) and 26 1/4 in. long (80-85%). He is growing out of so many of his cute clothes; what a good excuse to go shopping!
Grady is going through his first experience with a double ear infection! Poor little man cried an entire night. Needless to say, mom and dad were pretty exhausted. He does not like his medicine very much but even though he does not feel the best, he will give us a smile now and then. To top things off for this first part of March, I also am sick. Poor Ben is such a trooper and is taking care of both me and Grady. I am so blessed to have such a selfless partner. Hopefully as Spring nears, the sickness will be over.
Here are just a few pictures of his 4 month at home photo shoot. Ben thinks this outfit looks like his gym teacher outfit...I think he looks "thuggin"!

Daddy can always make Grady smile and laugh. Thank goodness Daddy tolerates Mommy's fetish for pictures.
Here are a few more other pictures that are just so darn cute. Grady likes tummy time somewhat especially when daddy makes him do mini "push ups"

This was on a Sunday morning when he was waiting for Mommy and Daddy to get ready. He sometimes is such a sleepy bear!

Some of our funnest moments are on the changing table. He absolutely loves getting out of his dirty diapers. He also loves being silly with Mommy while the deed gets done!

Here is a video of Grady laughing hysterically at Mommy just after getting his diaper changed. We love playing the game "I get choo". His laugh is expanding so much. You cannot help but smile when you hear him. What a blessing our little man is to our household. Yes we may be tired and sick (literally); maybe our house is not super clean but we could not imagine our lives without this gift from God. Every time I look at him I think how blessed and humble I feel to see how Christ is willing to use me in Grady's little life. Taking care of Grady also reminds me of how I am to be with the Lord...completely dependent upon him for my every minute, just like Grady is to me and Ben. What an amazing realization given to me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment